Pongal Recipes: Pongal Dishes: Recipe is the most important part of cooking because if you do not know the Dish Ingredients so how could you make food. Recipe helps to make dishes beautiful, Tasty, yummy. Many people are who do not how to make pongal dish so they search the recipe of pongal dishes. Those peoples who want to search pongal recipe. So here we have a best collection Pongal Dishes Recipes. On this occasion all Tamil people making tasty dishes for celebrate pongal festival. So you can select any recipe which you love and download their recipe and make in their home.
Ven Pongal 2016 Recipe
- Rice 1 Cup
- Moong Dal 1/4 Cup
- Black Pepper Powder to taste
- Zera Powder 1 Tbsp
- Ginger Paste 1 Tsp
- Dry Dinger (Sukku) 1 Tbsp
- Heeng 1 Tsp
- Cashew for garnishing
- Margaring/Ghee 2 Tbsp
- Water 6 Cups
- Salt to taste
- Step 1: Heat a pan; add the moong dal and dry roast on a medium flame till the raw smell disappears, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Step2: Clean and wash the rice, drain and add the, milk and 3 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles or till the rice and dal become soft. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step3: Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Step4: Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan, add the peppercorns, cumin seeds, cashew nuts and ginger, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Step5: Add the cooked rice and dal mixture, salt and curry leaves, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously. Serve hot topped with 1 tbsp of ghee.
Rava Pongal Recipe
» Rava 1 cup
» Moong Dal 1/2 cup
» Cashew Nuts 10 no
» Ghee 4 tbs
» Curry Leaves
» Chopped Ginger 1 tsp
» Black peppercorn 1 tsp
» Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
» Salt to taste
1. Fry the rava without any oil till it is really hot to touch.
2. Fry the black pepper and cumin seeds in a teaspoon of ghee and make a coarse powder of them.
3. Fry the cashew nuts, curry leaves, chopped ginger and keep aside.
4. Pressure cooks the moong dal with 1 cup of water.
5. After the pressure subsides transfer the cooked dal to a heavy bottomed pan and add a cup of water.
6. Add the required salt.
7. Allow this to boil well.
8. Add the fried rava to the above boiling (cooked) moong dhal in small measures and stir continuously till the rava is cooked completely.
9. While the rava is being cooked add the ghee little by little.
10. Finally, add the coarsely powdered pepper and jeera and the fried cashew nuts, curry leaves and chopped ginger.
11. If you want a spicy rava pongal you can also use a teaspoon of chopped green chilly.
12. This goes well with coconut chutney.
Recipes of Pongal
» Raw Rice -300 gms
» Moong Dal (yellow or green) 100 gms
» Hing powder -Half tsp
» Cummin Seeds- one or two tsp
» Black pepper- 10 to 12
» Cashew nuts-10 no
» Ginger- 1 inch piece
» Turmeric powder- half tsp (optional, if you like the colour)
» Clarified Butter or liquified Ghee- four tbsp
» Curry Leaves- 10 no (optional)
» Salt- to taste
1. Heat Kadai. Dry roast rice and moong dal till they turn hot to touch.
2. Transfer the rice and dal to a container and wash three times in fresh water.
3. Add water four times the quantity of rice and dal and add salt.
4. Pressure cook for four whistles.
5. In a kadai dry roast cumin seeds and pepper for 2 minutes and powder coarsely.
6. Chop the ginger finely and keep aside.
7. Add one table spoon of ghee in the kadai and roast the cashew nuts (halved) till they turn light brown.
8. Add ginger, powdered cumin seeds, hing powder, and turmeric powder and curry leaves and roast for a minute.
9. Take out the cooked rice and dal mix and mash well using a masher.
10. Add all the prepared ingredients and mix well with remaining ghee.
11. Rice Pongal is ready and can be served with coconut chutney.
Pongal Recipe Videos
Recipe for Pongal
Sweet Pongal Recipe
» 1 cup Raw Rice
» 1/2 cup Green Gram Dal
» 1 cup Milk
» 3 cups Jaggery (powdered)
» 4 tbsp Ghee
» 2 tbsp Cashew nuts
» 2 tbsp Raisins
» 5 no Cardamoms (powdered)
» 2 no Cloves (powdered)
» 1 small piece Nutmeg (grated or powdered)
» A pinch of Saffron
» 2 1/2 cups Water
1. Roast dries the green gram dal for a couple of minutes.
2. Cook the rice and green gram dhal with 2 1/2 cups of water and 1 cup milk in the microwave and set aside.
3. Dissolve the jaggery in 3/4 cup water and cook on a low heat till the jaggery melts.
4. Strain the jaggery to remove the dirt.
5. Put the syrup once more on the heat and stir till it becomes slightly sticky.
6. Add the cooked rice and dhal.
7. Heat the 4 tbsp ghee.
8. Fry the cashew nuts and raisins and add to the pongal.
9. Add the powdered cardamoms, cloves nutmeg and saffron.
10. Mix well and serve hot.
Pongal Festival Recipe
» Moong Daal 1 cup
» Rice 1 cup
» Cashew nuts 10-12 no
» Cumin Seeds, Pepper Powder 1 tsp each
» Chopped Green Chilly 3-4 no (depending on size and taste)
» Dry Coconut Flakes 2 tbsp
» Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
» Salt to taste
» Water 3 to 3 1/2 cups
1. Take a cooker and heat two tbsp of oil in it.
2. Wash moong daal and the rice and keep it separately.
3. Roast cashew in the oil and keep aside.
4. Now, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
5. When the mustard seeds start to crackle, add green chilly and fry for a few seconds.
6. Now, add the moong daal and fry for a minute.
7. Add water and the washed rice.
8. Also add coconut, salt and turmeric powder.
9. Close the cooker and allow it to whistle thrice.
10. After the cooker cools down, add the pepper powder, cashews and chopped cilantro leaves.
Note: You can use ghee instead of oil. Ghee gives a better taste.
Hot Pongal Recipe
» 4 Cups (Heaped) – Raw Long Grain Rice
» 1 Cup (Heaped) And 1/2 Cup – Split Urud Dhal (Even The Split White Variety Serves The Purpose)
» Salt To Taste.
- You measure the raw rice (long grain rice) into a vessel.
- Do not add water to this rice.
- Take the pressure cooker and pour 2 cups of water into the pressure cooker.
- Now keeps the vessel containing the measured rice in the pressure cooker.
- Close the pressure cooker with the lid.
- Wait till the steady steam starts coming.
- Put the weight.
- When the first whistle comes simmer the electric or gas stove.
- Allow it to be like that for 5 mints.
- Then switch off the stove.
- Allow the pressure to subside on its own.
- Then add fairly hot water to the rice and soak it for 4 hours.
- Just an hour before grinding, wash and soak the urud dal.
Tamilnadu Pongal Recipe
Chackra Pongal / Chakara Pongal
» Long Grain Rice 1 cup
» Moong Dhal 1/8 cup
» Milk 1 cup
» Melted Butter (Ghee) 1/2 to 1 cup
» Powdered Jaggery (Gur) or Brown Sugar 1 3/4 cup
» Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp
» Raisins 10 no
» Cashew Nuts (whole) 6 to 8 no
1. Cook rice and moong dal with milk and water until well done.
2. Fry cashews and raisins in ghee until golden brown and keep aside.
3. Take water and add gur (or brown sugar) and boil it until it dissolves and becomes thick.
4. Add cooked rice and dal to gur and keep stirring on low heat until well mixed.
5. Add remaining ghee in spoonfuls and continue stirring.
6. Add powdered cardamom and mix well.
7. Decorate with fried raisins and cashews.
8. Serve with a Smile!
Sakkarai Pongal / Sarkarai Pongal
» 2 liters Milk
» 1 1/2 cups newly harvested Rice
» 1/4 cup Moong Dal
» 15 no. Cashew nuts
» 10 no. Almonds
» 30 no. Kishmis
» 1/4 level teaspoon Nutrieg Powder
» 1 1/2 cup Jaggery (grated)
» 1/4 teaspoon Saffron (crushed)
» 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
» 2 tablespoons ghee
1. Chop almonds and cashew nuts.
2. Clean kishmis.
3. Pour milk in the earthen pot called ‘Pongapani’ and place it on fire.
4. When the milk starts boiling add rice and dal, after washing. As soon as the rice and dal are cooked to softness, add jaggery and ghee.
5. Let cook on medium fire for some time and then put in almond and cashew nut bits, saffron, nutrieg and cardamom powders.
6. Now, add the kishmis.
7. Bring to one or two good boils.
Ven Pongal Recipe Video
This webpage is completed dedicated to Pongal Recipes: Pongal Dish. You can bookmark this page and visit again later to know the latest related to Pongal Recipes: Pongal Dish.